Monday, November 22, 2010

Blimpie: More Than Just a Sandwich Shop.....

Monday, November 22, 2010.....


I have to confess, unless I'm set out on a mission to people watch, I'm pretty oblivious to my surroundings. For example, my ex-neighbors painted their home from blue/grey to pale yellow (or vice versa) and when a friend of mine (who I hadn't seen in awhile) picked me up one night for dinner, he asked when had my neighbors painted their house. Taken aback, I looked at the house and said they hadn't. He made me ask them the next time I saw them, and sure enough, they painted it 3 months earlier.

Anyway....when I unintentionally notice something you know it's been going on for quite some time.

This past weekend I went to Blimpie's for a sub and while I was waiting for them to wrap up the sandwich, I looked around and noticed the people eating in the shop. Single men around the age range from 55 to 65.

What really struck me as odd is that a couple of months earlier I remember I made the same mental observation.

They say single people should go to bars, grocery stores or join an online dating service (that's how I met hubby), but.... if in your late 50's or early 60's, maybe a stop at Blimpie's is the place to go to meet your true love.

7 comments:

Maria said...

LMB, thank you for the tip! I am on the hunt for a spouse and of all places..BLIMPIE?!??!?!?!?! I'm looking for an older man too! I can't both a savory sandwich and a savory man!

Brian Miller said...

hehe...and not a bad sub...the pickled pepper mix...mmm...

Little Ms Blogger said...

I wonder if they should use the Manwich tagline of "A sandwich is just a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal"

P said...

I tend to be really bad for noticing my surroundings too, haha. :)

DB said...

LMB I love the Manwich tag. If only Tinytown had a Blimpie's....the closest one is a few towns away. Maybe when we get our local Subway.

Maria said...

LMB, gosh, is my grammar off. I meant I can have a savory sandwich and a savory man!

J.J. in L.A. said...

My man answered my online personals ad 7 years ago today...

And he's been regretting it ever since. ; )