Monday, September 23, 2013

New Year, New Outlook.

I've been gone from the blogging world for quite some time. The trials and tribulations of Storm Sandy finally came to an end, but I was in desperate need of a new computer. My laptop, while almost viable, takes forever to run. However, I've had it since 2005, so a 8 year run is a good deal.

Yesterday was my birthday and while most make resolutions on New Year's Day, I make mine on my birthday. I don't make resolutions that often lead to beating one self up for not being able to do it, but I try to reflect and create resolutions I think will make my life richer or easier. This year I only have one. Take a chance.

I don't want the fear of failing the reason to shy away from anything. Whether I want to eat better, exercise, learn to calm down or just forgive myself for some reason I've made up in my head, I just going to continue to try at goals and also accept myself if I fail. Every day, meal, hour, etc. gives me the opportunity to pursue what I want. Instead of harping on what I didn't do 10 minutes ago, I'm going to look ahead and try my best at the next opportunity.

I guess you'd call it a gift of self preservation and self love.

What resolutions have you set for yourself to enrich you as a person?

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i think those are good goals...and you have been through a lot...learning to love ourselves is huge...enough to make those goals...and enough to give grace when we fall short...and to recognize what we did accomplish...

Little Ms Blogger said...

I agree. It only took me forever to recognize that beating self up wasn't working and it's okay to be proud of accomplishments.