Friday, May 30, 2008

Working Out...Exercise....Friends....

Friday, May 30, 2008

I wonder. Do I get credit for having friends that workout religiously? Seriously, this morning, I talked with two of my friends that are diligent about working out. I was actually lying in bed when I talked with my first friend and heard about her upcoming races. She had already worked out, got her kids ready for school and was on her way to work. I, on the other hand, readjusted my pillows during the call (hey, exertion is exertion and I'm just glad that I didn't strain anything). I'm impressed that my friends are so diligent to working out, but I become exhausted just hearing what they are doing.

I think that if I could just breakout in a sweat from listening to the fact that they go to the gym daily at some ungodly hour (4:30 a.m. to be exact - even the neighbor's rooster is still asleep) or train others at 5:00 a.m. I would burn calories and be much thinner. For me, this is just about the time I'm entering into the best dream phase of the night and have my best creative and techno-color dreams. However, this does not answer my question. Can I, by association, reap the benefits from my friends workouts? Imagine if I could? I would package the concept as an info commercial and have some famous couch potato star promote the concept (if Marlon Brando were alive, I think he'd be great - wait, is he dead or has he just not moved in years and I confuse that with being dead). Basically, my concept would work as follows:

1. Surround yourself with athletic friends. Interview them. Ask them what their routine is and how often they workout (I think you should surround yourself with others that do things that you'd like to do if you could pull yourself off the couch).

2. Find out if they use any kind of enhancers to workout -- really, I don't want no 'roid head providing my great health benefits.

3. Talk to them daily. Make sure that they aren't slacking, because if they are, then you are by association (really, that is a bad thing and I would suggest having several workout friends so you're never missing a day of benefits).

4. Encourage them to push themselves because if you receive the benefits by association, you'll be ready for swimsuit season much quicker.

Okay, I'm guessing this concept wouldn't work, but wouldn't it be great if it did! Maybe, I should begin hoping that their motivation rubs off on me to get off the couch instead. Nah.....

j

No comments: