Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dirty Jobs

Tuesday, July 15, 2008.....

I have to admit, since I've been dating my fiance, my tv viewing habits have expanded. For instance, it isn't enough to read headlines on the Internet, but I apparently should watch as much news that is broadcasted on tv (if timed properly could be up to 2 hours). Why? I haven't a clue. I usually get up and leave because it reminds me of the yule log loop on tv at Christmas time and the stories repeat over and over several times during this time. It literally drives me nuts.

However, shows that I may have never thought to watch, I now watch and some I really enjoy. Dirty Jobs is one such show.

I love the fact that the host has a great sense of humor and that they don't hold back too much on their comments or reactions to a particular job that he is attempting to do. For instance, while working on a cod processing boat they film him puking several times. It turns out that he did this for the first 2 days of the trip. He also whines and doesn't hide the look of terror on his face when he believes he might lose a body part. At no point through his show do I wish I could be where he is, or envy his job of being on camera. I think he vocalizes what I would say if I were crazy enough to do the job.

One other facet of Dirty Jobs that I love is, that it helps me determine which jobs I will never apply for in my weak moments of job hunting. Thank you Mike Rowe for assisting me in narrowing down my job search.

j

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Little Ms. Blogger, that's great that your fiance has gotten you into Dirty Jobs. It's a fascinating show!

I want to give you and your fiance a heads up... the next big Dirty Jobs special is coming soon! It's on Tuesday, July 29th, at 9PM. It's actually part of this year's Shark Week, which starts with a brand new Mythbusters on Sunday, July 27th. Shark Week's a great program that's been running for 21 years... you can find more info about it here:

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/sharkweek/sharkweek.html

If you would like to hear more info, feel free to contact me back. I hope you don't mind me reaching out to you like this; I figure you would be interested... I work with Discovery and have the inside scoop. Have a great day!

Shawn Grover
shawngrover2008@gmail.com