Friday, July 4, 2008

Wedding Cake or Cupcake???

Friday, July 4, 2008....

Happy 4th to anyone reading....I hope that you have great plans for the day. A little dreary today, but planning to have b-bque and fiance hoping it doesn't rain so he can light off fireworks. If anyone saw the movie, Along Came Polly, you'd understand the visual I have in mind about fireworks (the children's book that Polly creates with the boy missing the hand)....

Today, my friend is coming over and she has volunteered to make cupcakes for my wedding in October. I chose to go with the cupcake concept, not because I'm hip and trendy, but because I'm a white cake girl and the fiance is a chocolate cake eater. I thought cupcakes would make us both happy. Over the past few months, my friend has taken cupcake decorating classes in NYC and asked my opinion on what I want. I have to admit, I haven't been the most helpful in that department. I think I figured that I had a lot of time. Well, like my wedding dress last month, I think I need to focus on the cupcakes now so she can practice.

I've come across the following http://www.cakes4fun.co.uk/weddings/towers.php, but am looking for other suggestions. I don't want them all to look the same, but am at a loss. If anyone has some suggestions, please comment.

j

p.s. Apparently my sister learned the phrase "they have a comfortable sofa". Although this isn't a great phrase, I feel a bit more comfortable that she'll have a place to crash if a large truck is driving past her with a sofa in it. She can flag down the truck and make her proclamation about the sofa. The truck driver will be so impressed with her french that he'll let her sleep in the back of his truck on the sofa. Now if she could learn some phrases about food and bathroom facilities, life would be perfect.....

1 comment:

SillyStud said...

I'd go with cupcakes... I'd have the tower be several tiers, tiers of greenery and tiers of flower topped cupcakes... or a Disney Villan theme... every storybook wedding has an evil enchantress...