Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, November, 11, 2009...


Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. Without further adieu, here are my Rants and Raves from the past week:

Rave: In the US it's Veteran's Day and although I'm not a fan of war, I appreciate everything a veteran has done for me to have the freedoms I have today.

Rave: Some really nice weather for November in the Northeast. It's freakish, but I'm okay with that.

Rave: I'm seeing Yoga Girl, a.k.a. my sister, this weekend. We're going to a cooking class at The Silo in New Milford with Rick Rodgers, an amazing instructor and cookbook author. This was my birthday gift.


Rant: I called the Silo to get the time of the class and they don't have us registered. They are investigating.


Rave: Two wonderful bloggers gave me awards. Miss Nobody not only gave me one, but THREE awards. You really should go check her out if you haven't. She writes about her life and will from time-to-time share some of her writing pieces. She's young, but has a very insightful soul putting her years beyond her age (55 Word Fiction).

Green Eyed Momster bestowed the You are Wonderful Award on me. Green Eyed shares the good, bad and painful with her readers, but is taking a break from blogging for a bit. She needs to recharge and I respect that. When blogging becomes a chore or exhausting, one should stop. I think people forget that.

Rant: Stinkin small fuzzy animal (want to blame the bunny, but I think the bunny has a friend) who is eating my brussel sprouts AGAIN. I thought I foiled the bunny and his gang, but I was wrong.

Rant: Insomnia. Last night. It sucks. Enough said.

Rave: Mad Men. The finale was Sunday night and the writers did a fabulous job at tying up all the loose ends. Every episode during the season I'd wonder what they were going to do with so-and-so's character, but the finale answered my questions. However, it's not just the finale, it's the writing. They master capturing the social impact, particularly events had on people (e.g., Kennedy's assignation,) while other life events (marriages and divorces) are downplayed making it very interesting. It's a show that makes you want more.

That's it for me. Any Rants and Raves you want to share? I would love to read them. Just click on the linky thing for anyone that wants to participate in Rant and Rave Wednesday. Please be respectful and do not use the linky thing if you are just promoting your blog (yes, this is another Rant of mine).

26 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I interrupt this bloggy break to leave you this very important comment, well, not really but I did remember that someone told me that bunnies don't like ashes. Since we burn wood for heat here, I have ashes and I can send you some if you want me to! Try putting some around your brussel sprouts!!
This sucky year has caught up with me and as we approach Thanksgiving, I'm remembering those I've lost this year due to suicided, heart attack and drug overdoses. Their families will be without them for the first time this holiday season. It makes me sad. Plus, working for an abusive boss brought back a lot of my childhood. After a comment on my Walmart post, I had a bit of a breakdown after reading one of the comments.

I will post my Rant and Rave post next Wednesday.

I sure hope that you and Yoga Girl have a wonderful time at the cooking class as soon as they find your registration!!

Hugs and love,
T

Anonymous said...

Oh brussel sprouts in the garden, very good veg!

Life, Love And Lola said...

One things for sure...It's not me messing with your brussel sprouts!!! I'm not a fan. How do you cook yours? Maybe I'll give them another shot.

Stacey J. Warner said...

All in all, a good week!

Have fun!

much love

Helen McGinn said...

Hey, LMB, did you get the cook thing sorted? I hate it when that kind of thing happens which is why I double check everything these days! Let us know! x

Anonymous said...

I always forget to watch Mad Men but so want to love it! Sunday nights are so busy around here and we don't have DVR/Tivo/etc.

just found your blog...new follower!

Badass Geek said...

Insomnia effing blows. I've been sleeping very little lately.

Mike said...

We can't seem to get on the same page with the linky and posting! LOL! I did not do one today because I have been a little funky the last 10 days or so. (Do to this flu). The nice weather will be ending shortly. We are about to get about 10 inches of rain and it is headed your way!!

I agree about the war thing! I hate this war but I love our military!

Monkey Man said...

I am quite relieved to read you are not a fan of war. I was very concerned up to that point. Also great to see GEM peeking in to say hi. I miss her already.

Have fun with your sister. Take pics of the food.

Spot said...

I love your rant and rave wednesdays even though I always forget to participate...

♥Spot

lynn said...

i agree - mad men finale was stellar. but i must rant that they're now on hiatus and i have to wait....

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope everything works out with the cooking class and that you have a blast.

Michael said...

This brings up a good point in fact--I don't know anyone who is a fan of war--especially those who give their all on the front adn sometimes suffer the rest of their life for it. So hard.

DB said...

Rave: I get to see LMB this weekend and give her some surcees from Italy.

Rave: Is it wrong that I'm a little happy to hear that the arch nemesis is back? I like hearing the updates.

Rant: I cannot seem to find any trace that I actualy registered for said cooking class.

Rant: Work is completely annoying me this week.

betty said...

glad the weather is nice! that makes up for those dreary days later in the winter season

soon maybe bunny won't find brussel sprouts when it snows?

betty

Unknown said...

The bunny and friends can have my share of the B.S. Now lettuce or carrots or radishes, that is a different story entirely.

I'll second the weird weather here in the mid-west. We've had days in the 70s and a blizzard in the last two weeks. Can you say extreme?

Maude Lynn said...

Insomnia is the worst!

Liz Mays said...

The cooking class sounds like tons of fun!

Goose said...

I keep hearing only good things about Mad Men. I just got the capability to watch netflix streamed instantly to my tv so I really should check it out!

JennyMac said...

more brussel sprout stealing? Ugh.

Loved your comment about Veteran's Day. Amen.

Beckie said...

I love your blog!! I'm going to be a new follower for sure! Thank you for comment on mine (sorry it took me forever to get back to you) and hope you are having a great day!

Sunshine Mama said...

rant: Am having a bad weak on my diet (pun intended)

rant: I quit caffeine and I'm tired and cranky

rave: I finally found some time alone to read someone's blog

Happy Friday?

Midtown Girl said...

Congrats on your awards darling!!

Post pics of your dishes please - would love to see ;-)

(as in meals, not dinnerware..although those are prob fab as well lol)!!

XOXO
Amy

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh I keep hearing great things about Mad Men, but I've yet to catch a single episode. Maybe I will now that I have all this extra time on my hands.

Miss_Nobody said...

Rant:I FINALLY got my hands on Lost symbol!

Rave:Needs to spruce up my desktop

Rant:I have so many unread books,and this is making me happier than it should!

Thank you so much for your kind words!You deserve these awards and many ore!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Green-Eyed Momster - I’m happy to know that you’re feeling better since this comment and will definitely try the ashes.

Secretia – Aren’t they?

Life, Love and Lola – LOL… I’ll email you how my husband loves (he’s not a brussel sprout eater)

Staceyjwarner – It was. Thanks

Helen – I did get the cooking thing ironed out and will be posting about it in my next entry.

Tiffany – I love my DVR and have to admit I can’t imagine how I lived without it for so long.

Badass – Yes it does. I finally starting sleeping again on Saturday night (which explains the lack of my posts)

Otin – LOL …I’m going to be doing the linky thing from now. I’m just going to delete the people that link to it who aren’t doing a R&R Wednesday (that was everyone this week).

Monkey Man – I’m happy you were relieved.

Spot – LOL. That’s okay, there’s always the following Wednesday to jump in.

The Actor’s Diet – I’m said they’re on hiatus too because it seems to be and EXTREMELY long hiatus.

Unknown Mami – It did and it was fun

mmmm…. I know people who were in the military, left, but wish they didn’t have to.

DB – Sorry about the rants, but it was very fun to see you this weekend.

That corgi – ohhhh that was harsh bringing up snow….

Dan – I know how you feel about brussel sprouts, but your weird snowstorms killed any veggies you probably had left.

Mama Zen – Tell me about it.

Blueviolet – It was AND yummy

Goose – Absolutely. If not for the storyline, then for the fashion or to journey in a time capsule.

JennyMac – Yes. More BS stealing.

Beckie – Thanks.

Sunshine Mama – I’ve been struggling with the diet thing, but I think it’s tied to the insomnia.

Midtown Girl – Thanks – no pics of dishes, but they were yummy. (I should explain it was a demonstration class)

Dorkys Ramos – Definitely

Miss Nobody – I completely understand having too unread books and yet I continue to buy more. What I wrote about your writing is how I feel. After reading something you wrote, I always reflect upon the words.