Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, November, 25, 2009...


Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. However, this week, I've decided only to Rave as it is Thanksgiving week. Without further adieu, here are my Raves from the past week:

Rave: Yesterday, my husband helped me drop off 56 lbs of food to the local food pantry. I was happy I was able to help. I just wish it wasn't necessary.

Rave: Shopping for Thanksgiving meal done. Maybe because I've been doing it for so many years, but the menu is in place and will be a breeze.

Rave: Spending time with friends last week over good food and wine.

Rave: Yoga Girl got us tickets to see Tom Colicchio, Padma and Gail Simmons (tv show Top Chef judges)at a NY Times talk series.

Rave: Natasha at Girl Stuck in a Rut has given me the Superior Scribbler award. Tasha is losing weight, but with a twist - MEATLESS. She has given me some ideas on replacing my food choices with meatless options...AND... she's great at answering questions (for me it was about the right type of tofu to try). Besides sharing her food choices, she shares her journey on slimming down. Thanks Tasha!

Rave: Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to spending time with my family.

Rave: I appreciate all the name suggestions for the triathlon team with my sisters. Many names were clever and other comments made me laugh. Thanks. I'll let you know what we decide upon.

Rave: Followers...anyone that takes the time to read my blog and for those who comment. Thanks.


That's it for me. Any Rants and Raves you want to share? I would love to read them. Just click on the linky thing for anyone that wants to participate in Rant and Rave Wednesday. Please be respectful and do not use the linky thing if you are just promoting your blog (yes, this is my only Rant for this week).

23 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. =)

Optimistic Pessimist said...

wow...lots of raves. have a great thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

A lot to be happy/thankful for.

The preparations here are also mostly done - except for the vacuuming and cleaning in prep for tomorrow.

The Peach Tart said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family. I know the meal is going to be divine.

Berowne said...

Best Thanksgiving wishes from a fellow Nutmegger.

Pseudo said...

Excellent raves. Lots to be thankful for.

Happiest of Thanksgivings to you and yours.

Helen McGinn said...

Hi hon, sorry I haven't been around, I've been sick yet again. Hope you are well and I'm finally getting to catch up with my lovely bloggy friends. xx

Green-Eyed Momster said...

No RANTS? I want to be you!! Happy Thanksgiving. I'm very thankful for my bloggy friends. Especially you!!

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Your welcome :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

(The linky your looking for is at:http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html)

Matty said...

All raves. You go girl. Happy holidays.

rxBambi said...

I'm not a tofu fan. Really I've tried several different kinds and tried in in different meals, but I just can't do it. Good luck to you tho!
Followers are the best... and I'm glad I'm one of yours. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with your family.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And super jealous that you get to see the crew from Top Chef! Take pictures!

Pheromonally Gifted said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love your blog, will definitely be back!

betty said...

loved your list of Raves! all were wonderful including the donation of food; you know the food bank definitely appreciated that!

sounds like you are all set to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving!

betty

Anonymous said...

i kinda wish i celebrated thanksgiving but enjoy yours:)

Mike said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and I look forward to my next trip up so that we might be able to meet!

Melanie's Randomness said...

56 pds!!! Good gracious that's awesome!! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!! I'm going to visit my grandma's in CT tomorrow. =)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Great RAVS this week! Happy Thanksgiving!

McGillicutty said...

Thanksgiving it awesome and all but all this positivity is killing me!!!!

Lets get back to some Rants!!!
;o)

Claudya Martinez said...

Hope Thanksgiving was wonderful and gave you lots more to rave about.

Spot said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

♥Spot

mrs.notouching said...

Happy holidays! And now I'm going to have to check out Natasha's blog since I am trying to eat less meat

Little Ms Blogger said...

Candice – I hope you had a nice holiday too!

Badass Geek – Thank you – hope you did too!

OP – trust me, only because it was Thanksgiving week.

Dan – I hate cleaning and think that’s the worst part of any holiday at my house.

Peach Tart – It was yummy and even happier that most of the leftovers were given away.

Berowne – I hope you had a good holiday.

Pseudonymous High School - I hope you had a great holiday.

Helen – I completely understand. I’m having a relapse with my ear and feel under the weather. Take care of yourself.

Green-Eyed Momster – No rants because it was Thanksgiving, trust me, I have some.

Matty – Thanks and I hope you had a great holiday.

rxBambi – I tried tofu in the late 80’s when it first became trendy and hated it. There was only one type. I have to admit, I haven’t mastered it, but I don’t hate it like I used to.

Muffy – Oh, I can’t wait!

Phermonally Gifted – Thanks.

That corgi – It was a pretty drama free Thanksgiving and I hope yours was the same.

Fgrngtllt – You have Boxing Day – oh wait, that’s just a day of shopping? Hmmmm…no holidays where it’s just about the food? No wonder Americans have a weight problem.

Otin - I’m looking forward to your next visit up North to meet.

Melanie’s Randomness – I hope you had a good Thanksgiving – where in CT is your grandma?

Jules – Thanks.

McGillicutty – Don’t worry they’ll be here next week.

Unknown Mami – Thanks and I hope you had a great one too. Mine was pretty drama free.

Spot – Thanks. I hope you had a great holiday.

Mrs.notouching – Thanks – finding meals with no meat that aren’t all beans is a different world for me. It’s nice when others try out dishes first and give their opinions.