Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, November, 18, 2009...


Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. Without further adieu, here are my Rants and Raves from the past week:

Rave: Tomorrow is another Food Pantry Dinner. I'm excited because I had such a great time last month. I lost 8 lbs, but I had gained 4 and lost the 4 I regained. However, I'm not beating me up. I have to remember this is a process and I am not looking for the quick fix. My friends have agreed to bring 8 lbs of food for the local food shelter. At the end of the night, I'll have collected 56 lbs of food.

Rave: Another great weather week (in terms of temperature) here in the Northeast.

Rave: I had an amazing weekend with Yoga Girl. Spa treatments, gifts, shopping, movie and yummy food. Awesome.


Rant: Ford (the car company) has created a special edition Yankees' vehicle. I believe it's the Taurus, painted white with blue pinstripes. I saw the ad the other night and threw up a little in my mouth. My husband threatened to get the car for me.


Rave: Sleeping again. One word....ahhhhhhh....


That's it for me. Any Rants and Raves you want to share? I would love to read them. Just click on the linky thing for anyone that wants to participate in Rant and Rave Wednesday. Please be respectful and do not use the linky thing if you are just promoting your blog (yes, this is another Rant of mine).

22 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

There's a Yankee car??? Omg I must go look that up. That's too funny. Good for you on weight thing. Your totally right, it's a process. I keep losing the 5 pounds, gaining it, losing it, etc. But the fact that your keeping up with it, is motivating. That Food pantry idea is awesome.

Yea I agree about the weather, I live in southern New York state. It's so fall right now, not too cold tho so I'm loving it. can it stay like this?? pretty please. =)

rxBambi said...

Rave: I'm glad you put a Mr Linky in here so we can see who else is rantin and ravin!
Yankee car? I just about puked too ;)

Liz Mays said...

Now who would really want to drive that car?!!

Badass Geek said...

Yay for sleeping!

Suzanne said...

Ewwww. All good thoughts about maybe buying a Ford next go-round are gone.

I may join you on this Wednesday. I'm feeling rave-y.

Mike said...

Sign me up! I know at least 3 bloogers who would happily drive the yankees car!
Thanks for liking me, You Yankee hater! :)

betty said...

good for you on the 8 pounds! you are right, it is a continual work in progress even when you get to your goal weight; neat that it is time for your next dinner too!

great too that you are sleeping again; always so much better to begin the day refreshed, right??

betty

Mike said...

I am doing this off of my phone.

that was"bloggers" and "linking" lol

The Peach Tart said...

Sounds like a good week. I need a yoga girl week.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Your husband is hysterical. Getting the Yankees car for you?
Congratulations on all of your raves. You're doing good!

Otin's comments cracked me up! Thanks for liking us bloogers!!

Hugs!!

Goose said...

Haha blooger sounds funnier than blogger anyway. Yankee car blech, a cubs car I would consider :-) was it you who was doing 30 day shred and are you still doing it?

Unknown said...

Why would anyone want a pinstriped Yankee mobile? That is just sick.

How about sending some nice warm calm weather this way?

MamaOtwins+1 said...

The thought of the yankees taurus makes me want to puke.

But you have LOTS of raves to make up for it!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Oh gross, a Yankee car? I did more than just throw up in my mouth... DISGUSTING!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's 6 and I think I may go nap right now.

Barb said...

I love your food pantry dinner idea. It's great. I've decided to play R and R too! Thanks!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Ahhhhh to the spa treatment too! How nice for you.

And the Yankee car is a hoot! I love that.

xo

Captain Dumbass said...

A Yankee's car? Seriously?

Claudya Martinez said...

56 lbs of food! Well done.

Miss_Nobody said...

Its great weather here too.Winter's here!

DB said...

Rant: That someone would actually make a Yankee car. Puhleezeeeee....

Rant: Way too many conference calls/useless work meetings this week.

Rave: Had a fun weekend with LMB!

Rave: Next week is the food holiday of all food holidays!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Melanie’s Randomness – I’m hoping for a greater loss this month. I never want to be more than when I started.

rxBambi - I will keep doing this.

Blueviolet – my husband just to bother me.

Badass Geek – You can say that again!

Esmerelda – I know…

Otin – This makes me very sad and I truly hope I never see one on the road.

That corgi – It was net 4, but thanks. I’m learning that sleep really impacts me as I get older.

Otin – I liked your original message

The Peach Tart – It was a great weekend.

Green Eyed Momster – So, if the Cardinals ever win, you’ll be buying a Cardinals’ car?

Goose – I was. Stopped when I got the ear ache, threw in the disc recently but had some dvd malfunctions (I now fixed)…so, I have to start the 30 day thing over again.

Dan – Exactly. About the weather, I’m hoarding it.

MamaOtwins+1 – Me too!

Confessions of a Working Mom – LOL.

Jules – Naps are the BEST! Why does the concept of naptime end after kindergarten?

Barb – If you love to cook and entertain, it really is fun and a great way to give back.

Joanna - The Yankee car is a hoot because you don’t live in Yankee territory.

Captain Dumbass – Yes.

Unknown Mami – Thanks, I was very excited.

Miss Nobody – Funny thing, you’re winter is probably hotter than my summers.

DB - Too bad you just got your Volvo, I can see you behind the wheel – NOT.