Tuesday, January 6, 2009.....
As everyone announces their goals for 2009, I thought I'd take a different approach.
Yes, I have goals for this upcoming year, but thought it'd be more fun to tell you things that will definitely not make the list. Here are my Top 10 Things that didn't make my 2009 goals list:
1. Spit. I know what you're thinking. How can she make that declaration? I can. It is extremely rare that I do spit (the dentist chair) and have had many opps over the years to do so, but chose not to.
2. Run a Marathon. I may run one in 2010 or 2011, but not in 2009. I walked a marathon and I'm not delusional enough to think I'm in shape or have the willpower to want to train for one this year. However, kudos to everyone else who does. I think it is a marvelous goal.
3. See any Rocky Movie. I haven't yet and it is my personal mission to keep that mission alive.
4. Sing on the Bonnie Hunt Show. Bonnie Hunt has had some non-famous people on her show perform (one danced the new Beyonce video), but I really can't sing. In fact, I'm pretty horrible and am proud of that fact.
5. Become a Stripper. Unless it is a paint stripper, I will not be stripping in clubs this year. Although, I'm unemployed and I bet they make a decent salary, I will not be doing this.
6. Have dinner at the White House. I really shouldn't rule this one out, but since it hasn't happened yet and I don't know the Obamas, it is safe to assume that I will not be eating at the White House.
7. Not buy a cookbook. That's just silly talk. Anyone who knows me, knows I might stop breathing without my cookbook collection.
8. Read the Bible. I know. I know... I've heard it's a great book, but I know I'm not going to read it in 2009. I have a stack of books I plan to get through this year - some trashy, some classics, but not the bible. In fact, I don't believe I have one in the house. Does that mean I'm going to burn in hell?
9. Skydiving. Not this year. However, I do see this in my future.
10. Star in a Broadway Musical. See # 4 above. Seriously, I have no singing or dancing talent, but I do love to see shows in NYC....
I'm happy I made this list. I have 10 less things to worry about not accomplishing this year. It's so nice to take that burden off my shoulders.
I'd be curious to know what others have on their 2009 Not to Do List....