Monday, January 5, 2009

Recap of 2008 Blogs....

Monday, January 5, 2009.....

For friends and family who called me out on not putting up the lawn Santa this year, I decided to tie up the loose ends of some of my blog entries from 2008....

The Year of Big Santa: I had every intention of putting up the big-larger-than-life wooden Santa on the front lawn, but I didn't. I wish I had a great reason, but decorating for the holidays actually started on December 24th and ended that day. We had intended on putting him up on the 25th, but we were racing around setting up for our brunch.



I Married a Monkey: The Christmas present for my nephew came in prior to Christmas. My hubby is still a monkey and loves the flying screaming monkey (equipped with mask and cape) I purchased for him.

I should also note that I discovered a great ad line --- "Everything in winter goes better with a friend. Oh, and a stuffed monkey with a sense of adventure too."

Lawn Ornaments: The ceramic gopher on the edge of someone's lawn was gone in under a week. I'm not sure how long it actually lasted, but the next time I drove down that street, 5 days later, it was gone.

Two lessons learned - 1) put ugly items at edge of lawn if you want to get rid of it; or 2) realize that a ceramic gopher is just begging to be stolen.

My Bank Rant: I learned from the bank they don't skim any money for counting change. After they politely suggested that I can't count, they told me to go to one of the branches and use the coin machine myself. Funny thing, I've used the coin machine three times and each time it has registered what I counted. I've since brought change to the local bank for them to deposit and their count differed from mine again...hmmmmmm...makes you think....

Interview with Company from Hell: I recently saw this job reposted on the job boards. However, this posting indicated a minimum 50% travel requirement. I think they would have given us both an hour back from our lives if they just read my travel tolerance level of under 25%.

I Did Something Stupid: I just have one word for my Waring Pro Meat Slicer "Disappointment"

No Time for Dessert: My friend heard back from the management of Craft. She got crazed at work and I have forgotten to ask if she had time to email them back. It's never too late.

I'll end this entry with tying up my Holiday Drama entry. It turned out that the sister that was making crazy suggestions for how Christmas should be handled didn't show. We had an extremely heated one-sided conversation where I lost it. It is a very long story and has nothing to do with this post, but she didn't come to Christmas at my house.

However, she continued the holiday drama by not informing me she wasn't coming. Instead, her friend wrote me to tell me she wasn't coming.

Christmas actually turned out to be very nice. I found it relaxing and my entire family had one conversation going on all day long. Everyone participated, everyone listened and I got to know just a little bit more about each of my family members and their dates and spouses.

I know that 2009 will be a great year! I am hoping the same for everyone else.....

No comments: