Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Recap

Monday, February 2, 2009....

First, I need to address the stupid groundhog seeing his shadow --- has anyone thought of pulling a blind groundhog out of his hole on a sunny day???? Winter sun on bright white snow, how could he not see it?

Okay, I'm done ranting about the groundhog and the fact it will be another six weeks of winter (my friend told me the groundhog prediction is only 39% accurate - phew)....

This weekend, hubby and I grabbed a bite and headed over to see the Dark Knight at our local IMAX. I know, it was released in the summer, but he hadn't seen it and seeing it on IMAX is really cool.

Saturday proved to be a day full of errands, but included a stop at the local animal shelter where I think we found the dog we want to adopt. She's in heat and not available to adopt at the moment, but according to the shelter no one has asked to adopt her. She's a beagle and very cute. She'll fit in fine with all the howling dogs that my neighbor seems to house.

I also got to witness my new hubby almost kill himself on the roof. A sight a newlywed always wants to witness. He was on a step ladder by the chimney and the very old step ladder broke while he was on it. Luckily, he caught himself and I could only hear what happened. I wasn't up for him doing this stunt and if I had seen it happen, he would have spent the rest of the day with me being worried and saying I told you so (always an annoying way to spend a Saturday).

The rest of the weekend included more errands, good food, drinking and football. Although the Steelers are not my team, I was hoping they would win and they did (barely).

Besides the non-blind groundhog giving us six more weeks of winter, this week is looking good with a confirmed interview later in the week (woo hoo).

No comments: