Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Body Bugg....

Tuesday, March 10, 2009.....

Yesterday I was asked "would you wear a body bugg if I gave you one to wear?" My response: "Ummmm...what the hell is a body bugg? Sounds like a giant cockroach".

Turns out, it isn't. It is a gadget you wear on your arm and it tracks your calories burned and steps taken.

I couldn't talk more, but went home and scoped out www.bodybugg.com. The product is really cool, but I was a little misled. I thought it tracked both calories out and calories in. I was impressed that this device could tell the difference in calories between a skim latte and a mocha latte from Starbucks. Although cool in concept, the more I thought about it, the creepier the device got.

Sure, it would be the ultimate lazy dieter's tool, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be like a house arrest monitoring device.

Would a large alarm sound because I chose to stuff my face with "bad" food while watching a marathon of The Biggest Loser? This started to make me nervous.

Today, I saw Evil Janet (pet name for ex-personal trainer that always whipped my butt and enjoyed if I would be in pain the next day) and found out that the Body Bugg is not-so big-brother like. You input personal data and it calculates your target calories burned and calories intake targets.

I haven't started using the device yet, but when I do, I let you know my thoughts. I think it will be very cool to try.

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

That sounds awesome, actually- I walk so much around this city, I'd love to know HOW much, exactly. Let me know how it goes!