Monday, March 16, 2009

CloFu??? Really?

Monday, March 16, 2009....

I've heard Kathy Griffin say "any publicity is good publicity" okay, I may be paraphrasing, but I think PETA has gone a tad too far with this concept.

Several months ago, I commented that PETA approached Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk in its formula. Luckily for me, and other Ben & Jerry lovers, they said no.

Friday, I received an email from a friend who keeps me informed of obscure or important celebrity news about PETA and CloFu.

For people that may have missed this tidbit of news, let me breakdown the creation of CloFu.

- George Clooney at a gym
- He sweats
- He sweats enough to wipe face on towel
- Towel absorbs all his sweat
- Some genius at club decided to squeeze sweat into vial (at this point in story I'm grossed out - sorry George, I think you're a talented and handsome actor -- I can even claim fame to watching you on the first E.R. show with Elliot Gould, but wanting a vial of your sweat is not on my list of things I must have, do or visit prior to dying)
- Wait...story gets better
- Individual with vial, had a light bulb go off in head and brought it to PETA because they knew they would do something special with it.
- PETA did.
- PETA created the concept of CloFu (Tofu flavored by George Clooney's sweat)
- Everyone repeat after me - EEEEWWWWWWW...............

After reading this email, I had to discuss with hubby and friend. After several drinks, I came up with the classic idea of showing your love to someone. Instead of George's sweat, a guy can impress a woman he's just started dating by cooking dinner for her. What woman doesn't love this idea?

Well, here's one way. The guy can tell his date that he wanted to give her a piece of him (get your mind out of the gutter).... he does this by placing two slabs of tofu under his armpits for the entire day. If he truly cares, he'd go workout and really work up a sweat and even wipe his face with the tofu. Viola...Love Sweat Marinated Tofu.....

Seriously, what was PETA thinking? I really liked George Clooney prior to this, but my admiration has grown ten-fold because he responded to PETA with the following statement: "As a mammal, I'm offended."

2 comments:

SillyStud said...

The funny thing is that I can think of a dozen other celebs who would have gone for this one whole hog... Angelina Jolie being the first who comes to mind... and, really, what were they thinking? Women would only ever be grossed out by the idea, but men (on the other hand) would have paid millions...

AnJoFu

Little Ms Blogger said...

Silly: Love the fact that you used "whole hog" in a PETA post....LOL