Tuesday, June 2, 2009...
Fifty-one days ago, I started my 100 Day Goal which basically was to change my diet by eating more alkaline foods and create a skin care regime.
To date, I've accomplished the following:
1. Supplements. Sure, I knew they were good for you, but now that I'm taking them DAILY and learned they really do make a difference.
I found a great supplement for my alkaline/acid condition from a company called pHion.
2. Diet Cola vs Water. I know diet cola isn't good for you. However, when you don't drink coffee and need that jolt, I say diet cola rules. Unfortunately, I was drinking far too much cola and not enough water and have made the switch. One cola drink per day. It can be ANY size. Most days it is one can, but I love large fountain sodas with extra,extra ice.
Now, I drink 6 to 7 20 oz water servings/day. Best part is that I don't have to remember how many waters I drink because my fabulous Thermos Water Intake bottle a.k.a best water bottle ever (yes, I'm still singing its praises weeks after buying it) has a counter on it.
3. Fiber. I've incorporated & embraced it into my diet. I don't think I need to elaborate.
4. Meal Planning. This actually has been the funniest part of my journey. As a cookbook whore with a fair amount of free time, I've decided to pick 5 cookbooks and 1 cooking magazine each month to cook from. I choose 4 recipes from each and try them out.
Since, I'm not counting calories yet, one of my cookbooks was "Glorious French Food" and I've determined that the French and Butter Council are in cahoots.
I've also discovered the easiest rice pilaf recipe which is now my staple rice recipe and Gordon Ramsay has changed mine and my husband's impression of chickpeas FOREVER.
5. Washing Face. Daily. Surprise, surprise, I can do it and have been 98% of the time. I have to admit, there is an amazing difference. Not sure if it is the supplements or if the Clarisonic is doing the trick, but I've really noticed a change.
If you have the $$, the Clarisonic is a fabulous tool.
Things I'm starting to incorporate as part of my daily routine for the next 50 days:
1. Exercise daily. I believe that is self explanatory.
2. Food journal through the vitabot. A funky online food journal that tracks more than just calories, but your vitamin intake, sodium, cholesterol everything you need to know if you're eating a healthy balanced diet.
3. At Home Facials. I have the steamer and masks, now I just need to put the time aside at night.
4. Wear a Heart Rate Monitor. Again, self explanatory.