Saturday June 27, 2009....
Last night, I went to bed, hoping and dreaming that the Fridge Fairy would make an appearance at my house. She did. But, I was so disappointed to only find a note which read as follows:
Dear LMB, due to the Recession, the Fairy union had to downsize and cut our division. It is with my sincerest apology that I let you know that you will be cleaning your own fridge.
Although charitable by nature, I saw your fridge and thought this was beyond my giving capabilities.
Yours on the Unemployment Line - FF
This is what I get for waiting so long before doing a thorough cleaning of the world's smallest fridge. I guess I deserved the note.
Here's what I observed about my fridge, my bizarre buying habits and outstanding skill to procrastinate at cleaning.
1. I have TWO bottles of Fish Sauce. I'm not Asian and cook a recipe which requires Fish Sauce once in a blue moon. It should be noted the only Asian spice in my house growing up was Soy Sauce (heck, this is big considering I thought garlic was a powder till college and had to cook for self).
2. I have an obscene amount of yogurt. Guess I know what I'll be having for breakfast for the next Y-E-A-R.
3. It's amazing how hungry you can become cleaning out a fridge. I had to stop the process and make a sandwich for self. Hell, it's lunch time and I managed to finish up the milk.
4. I also have an obscene amount of soy sauce. This probably goes back to childhood and the only exotic flavor component my mom would add to almost everything (well, it was a toss up - soy sauce or wheat germ).
5. Best way to clean out the fridge is to drink some of the cold beer that has been in there for awhile [I have a wine cooler with add'l beer in it - didn't realize I had a backup stash (I'm resourceful like that)].
6. Cleaning a fridge can literally take hours if you drink several beers which I'm enjoying.
Moral of the Story: The Recession needs to end soon. Never mind that I need a job, but the Fridge Fairy needs to be reinstated so I don't have to do this again.