Thursday, August 27, 2009....
After yesterday's phone interview, I spent the afternoon thinking if I should change my career. I had done it twice before and maybe being out of work for the past 15 months is a sign that I should.
I should preface that my interview went well, but I definitely feel as though I don't have a fighting chance. I don't think I ever had one, because the recruiter clued me in at the end of our conversation that the hiring manager is adamant about hiring a person with extensive technical knowledge.
I felt defeated, angry and annoyed.
Sure, I may not get a second interview, but I wanted it to be based upon the information shared during the interview, not based upon information that the recruiter clearly knew prior to our interview and needed in a candidate.
As I was hosting my own personal pity party (sometimes I have them), I reflected upon the brilliant idea that Edder came up with last week.
Sure it was another award bestowed upon me, I Shoulda Been a Stripper , but it started me thinking...
My stripper name is Lady Weed (this is determined by having your first name be your first pet's name and your last name is the street you grew up on.) How could I possibly go wrong with a name like that?
I believe this to be a sign. Maybe even a calling.
Sure, I'm over the optimal age of being a successful stripper, have real breasts (which means gravity has set in), definitely lacking the body any man (or woman) would want to see naked on stage. Combine these lovely attributes with with dance moves like Elaine on the t.v. show Seinfeld and it is obvious I need to put my thinking cap back on.
Now, that I've decided this isn't the right career change for me, let honor this award properly.
I’m told that the guidelines of this award are to list 7 of your personality traits, as evidenced on your blog and then pass the award on to 7 other blogs with notable personality. I’ve also been told that I am allowed to keep a copy of said award on my sidebar forever. And ever. Yay for me!
So there. Here we go:
1. Rude People Annoy Me: As evidenced by my rants about inconsiderate people in parking lots and pushy people in grocery stores.
2. Cooking: The fact that my profile states I have an obscene number of cookbooks and I'd spend 3 1/2 hours in 90 degree heat cooking a meal clearly shows my passion for it.
3. Harmless: If the bunny in my yard mocks me, I apparently scare no one.
4. Mysterious: Although I reveal bits and pieces about me, there is still a lot to know.
5. Random: Have you not seen my postings? Other than Rant & Rave Wednesdays, there is no real theme to this blog. That's why I chose the name A Little Blog About Nothing.
6. Unemployed. I'd normally say this is a state I'm in, not a personality trait, but it has impacted the way I look at things which I don't think will change once employed (e.g. appreciating simple things more.
7. More of an Optimist than a Pessimist: Evident by the fact that I typically have more raves than rants on Wednesdays.
OK, that's my set. Seven fascinating traits about me. Thanks for indulging me and thanks, too, to Edder for the award. It looks like this and will remain on my sidebar for all eternity.
About the 7 I have to tag. Tomorrow...or Monday...I have to think this through (alright, I'm lazy at the moment)....