Tuesday, August 17, 2009....
I have to admit, when Modern Mom tagged me for this meme, I thought why not. My last meme seemed to provide a better insight into me, why not shed some more light.
The rules were simple enough, erase her answers and fill in my own. Here it goes!
1. Who is the hottest Movie Star? I love Jon Hamm, but I wonder if it's because of the character he plays. Nah...he's hot. I can list many other hot movie stars, but will also admit to a long crush on Sam Waterson. Yup. Sam Waterson.
2. Apart from your house and car, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought? Ever? Hmmm.....I'll go back 12 months and say my wedding gown. It was painfully expensive for a dress that was very simple.
3. What is you most treasured memory? Wow. I imagine this question is like asking a parent with multiple children, which is your favorite child...I'm going to take the road Modern Mom did and do multiple memories - a) childhood: spending my summers sailing with gf and going with my dad to early 4 am hockey practices to watch him coach, b)young adulthood: living in Boston, buying a house, getting married to husband #1, c)35+: divorcing husband #1, having my sister and her friends waiting for me at the finish line of my marathon in Dublin, hiking the Grand Canyon on my 40th birthday with strangers who became my friends for 7 days, kayaking across LI Sound (13.1 miles) to raise $$ for local charities, spending one amazing night in NYC with close friends to celebrate my 40th bday (Le Bernardin is one amazing restaurant) and learning that I had cancer.
4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child? I can't remember. I can remember the worst. My mother surprised in the 3rd grade with a fancy dress and I cried. I hate surprises and my mother never surprised me again. Only surprise to this day I've enjoyed is my sister showing up with her friends in Dublin to support me when I did my marathon for Leukemia.
5. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made? LOL. Isn't every mistake really a hidden opportunity?
6. 4 words to describe yourself? Really? I hate these questions because I see myself so differently than how people would describe me.
7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008? Highlight - marrying my husband, Bill.
8. Favorite Film? I answered this in my last meme as follows: I don't have just one, but here are some that come to mind: Clockwork Orange, When Harry Met Sally, The Jerk, Rebecca, Shawshank Redemption, Dodgeball. I could on, but these are the ones that came to mind first.
9. Tell me one thing I don’t know about you. I have a bizarre need to ensure that all ice cube trays are full (bet you didn't see that one coming).
10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be? Wonder Woman - who wouldn't want that body, brains, power and INVISIBLE PLANE.
The five bloggers I am tagging with this Meme are:
Helen at Feeding Five for Fifty
Living and Loving LA
Hope you all like playing along!