Tuesday, December 15, 2009....
I love receiving Christmas cards with the letter inside telling me what wonderful things people have been doing throughout the year. I admit, I don't do a letter and it's a hit or miss if you get a card from me.
This year, I'm going green. No cards. But...if I were to write a letter it would read like this:
1. traveled nowhere (unemployment will put a damper on going to exotic places, hell, I went to RI, it's an island, but exotic I think not).
2. job front - well, I interviewed at a lot of places over long periods of time that were window shopping (translation - they would pull the position).
3. volunteer -- I did raise monies for my local dog park (I don't own a dog, but why not pretend I have one) participating on a plant sale committee. When it was over, the president sent a shout out to the volunteers and mine was for making people laugh with my outlook on things (hmmm...note to self, behave oneself and remember all thoughts don't have to be turned into vocal words).
I also started a monthly food pantry dinner party based upon the weight I lose each month. I'm overweight and am at a point where I can't motivate myself to lose the weight for me, but if I can help others, I will. It breaks my heart to drop off the food every month.
4. marriage - it's been a year and Bill still tells me he loves me. I'm starting to think he's deaf and doesn't hear 1/2 the shit I say out loud. Who knows, but I'm not complaining. Love him to pieces.
5. how do I stay out of trouble -- well, I have no kids (which may be a blessing because who knows how they'd turn out under my influence - oh, that thought scares me) but I blog and people, other than my family, read my blog. Why? Who the hell knows. But I love it, met some great bloggers and learned new stuff to fill my brain(the Jersey Shore Drinking Game)
I also making a crack in my cookbook collection (it might be easier if new ones didn't magically appear).
See, that's my Christmas letter. Short and sweet. Now...if I were a superhero imagine how packed it would be full of fun stuff.
Happy Holidays from LMB....
p.s. I've learned my husband is a romantic guy...his ideas for romantic dates leave me speechless.
p.s.s. I've also learned my husband will not be naming any pets we get. Yesterday he told me if we got a male cat he'd call it boogers, female cat would be called snot. If a dog, well, he thinks "Crap" is the perfect name while out on a hike and your dog runs ahead of you. As he said, yelling out "crap" in the woods sounds so much better than yelling out "fuck." I think I have to give him this. Just glad we didn't have kids together. They'd probably get picked on for the names he'd come up with.