Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tacky Chrismas Gift Ideas.....

Wednesday, December 9, 2008.....

Every family has its traditions and mine is no exception. We have a traditional grab bag type of arrangement where we pick names as soon as we opened our holiday gift and know whom we purchase for the next year (okay, someone keeps a list because who can really remember after a day of heavy drinking and food???).

Another tradition is a "tacky" Chinese grab bag. We are limited to $20 and my competitive family strives to bring the tackiest gift possible. Unfortunately, my husband hasn't quite gotten the concept and actually wanted the gift I threw into the mix last year (motion sensor noisy rooster -- yes, it is sitting in my attic).

This year I'm taxed with coming up with 2 gifts and am going blank. You'd think with all my time gifted to me being unemployed I'd have the greatest idea. Nope. Not a single thought.

Personally, my favorite contribution to date is the Librarian Action figure that shushed people because of her movable arm (http://www.mcphee.com/laf/).

I'm hoping I didn't peak with that gift. I'm desperate for suggestions. I need another source than McPhee.com as it is becoming a major source for most of the gifts in the exchange.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I've found a lot of cool stuff at uncommongoods.com...

Here's their stuff under $25: http://www.uncommongoods.com/fam/fam.jsp?source=menu&pageId=46

We do something very similar every year, and every year, my uncle wraps a ham. A whole ham.

Little Ms Blogger said...

LiLu - I will definitely check uncommongoods out. I totally forgot about that store.

I LOVE the fact that your uncle wraps a ham. I LMAO reading that!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

how about tacky tea towels?