Monday, August 11, 2008

"Clyde"

Monday, August 11, 2008.....

Today, I am expecting a visit from Clyde. I have never met him, but am looking forward to spending the day with him. Clyde is a cockapoo that I'll be dogsitting for a friend, who is dogsitting him for the next couple of days. I know it sounds a bit screwy, but she's in a jam.

When my friend lived at a previous address, she used to dog sit all the time. Now that she's moved, she's only agreed to sit for one dog. However, she didn't realize how much he hates to be alone until yesterday. She went out for the afternoon only to return to a letter and a knock on her door from a "concerned" neighbor because Clyde was barking. They thought the animal to be in distress.

Dogs bark. If they bark during the day, then fine. When my neighbor's dogs bark all at once, it actually makes me laugh. Some howl, others just bark, but it is really rather funny (they are all going off now as I post this blog).

She was in a panic and knowing I'm unemployed and love animals, she asked if I could dog sit. I said sure. If the weather holds up, I think we go to the dog friendly park down the street from my house. If not, we'll hold up in the house. Whatever we do, I don't see my neighbors complaining about the noise.

j

1 comment:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Very nice of you to step in and help out.

He's probably feeling a little out of sorts, too.