Friday, August 1, 2008

Interview.....

Friday, August 1, 2008.....

Today, was my second interview with this company I'd like to work for. I was a bit confused because the first interview was with the hiring manager and this one was with HR. Usually, it is the other way around for me. The HR manager prescreens and then sends me to the hiring manager. So, I'm not too sure of what gives. I couldn't get a great read, but could definitely tell she wasn't repulsed --- that is a definite good sign. However, you ever have those days where everything is topsy-turvy? This has been my day....

It started with the fiance calling me at 6:10 a.m. to say "rabbit-rabbit" on his way to work (for those that don't know..these are the first words that come out of mouth on 1st day of month for good luck). Typically, this wouldn't bother me, but I haven't been sleeping well and I was right in the middle of a dream when his call awoke me (that is the worst). I muttered something, it was probably rude, definitely not rabbit-rabbit and slammed the cellphone shut (if that were a possibility). I ended up falling back to sleep for the extra hour, but am still really exhausted. I forgave the fiance prior to the interview because it is bad karma to be mad prior to any important event and it isn't a situation that warrants staying mad at someone for.

I cut myself with a knife making breakfast, my hair came out horrible and I hit unforeseen traffic on way to the interview .... I was late and had to call. Granted I was 2 minutes late, but, it was still late. Although, I didn't need to call as I waited for 20 minutes (the receptionist didn't call the right desk). When I finally saw the HR person it was after signing away their rights to examine my life and credit history (not quite getting the credit check) and filling out the lengthy work history which was on my resume. It is a bit sad when you have to keep checking the box "involuntary leave" because all the companies, except last one, went under. So technically, is it involuntary if your position is dissolved?

I'm pretty good at reading people, but today, not so good. I'm blaming the eclipse. I won't know a thing till end of next week or the week after, but hoping it is positive.

j

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My neighbor came over to my house and yelled at me over my dog!

I have a dog that I can't keep in my yard. I have tried everything and she always finds a way out. Anyway, this lady comes to my home, knocks on my door and when i open the door she points her finger at me and yells obscenities at me. Apparently my dog was in HER neighbors garbage and then pooped on HER NEIGHBORS LAWN! Why didn't she come and talk to me like a civil human being? Why was she a vicious monster attacking me at my door? I calmly went over to HER NEIGHBORS house where the garbage was and picked up every piece, and the dog poop. I agree that I have that responsibility to clean up after my dog. The one thing I don't agree upon is someone coming to my house and screaming in my face about something I didn't know about. Is anyone out there been blessed with a psyco-neighbor?
I don't think anyone remembers the golden rule...Do unto others as you would want done unto you!
I sent them a lovely card from this site I found...www.URAJerk.com