Friday, August 29, 2008

Special Event.....

Friday, August 29, 2008.....

My sister is planning a surprise bridal day for me. It is not a shower and not a bachlorette type party, but she has given me no hints.

I should back up.... My sister loves surprises and I like to figure out what it is. As kids, I would always find the wrapped Christmas gifts, open them and re-wrap them. Not my sister. I swear she could be happy with a box of wrapped-up shit, as long as it was a surprise (I have yet to test this theory out on her and may one day do so).

Every time she goes away or around my birthday, she'll call me and say I got you a "surcee" (not a clue if a real word, but we define it as a surprise). I always ask "what, what"....on the flip, I'll call her up and say, I got you a surcee, want to know what it is? She will always say no, so I love to drop hints. Sometimes the hints are cryptic, but not really.

The only thing I know is that the event is Oct 4th, people are showing up at my house at 2:15 and she'll tell me later what the dress code is (suggested going naked, but I don't think my AAA bail card will cover that arrest). I figure a dress code, afternoon event it has to be Paint Ball. I've never done this. However, I have to ask myself, is pelting a bride-to-be with paint balls in the Martha Stewart Wedding Book? Would Emily Post approve? Hmmmmm......

Here's the rub, she leaves tomorrow for France (update on language skills, she's learned nothing else except "I see the large truck" the words for "grapefruit" and "condoms" because of some nightmare project at her job -- see, being unemployed and poor does have its benefits)and I'm not sure if she'll find her hotel, a restaurant or be able to get home. What I do know, is I can't play 10,000 questions with her (I know it's 20 questions, but I'm a youngest and take liberties). She has made my friends swear not to tell me. I think if I threatened my friend Sue to tell me or I'll steal all the moss in her yard for my walkway, she'll fold like a deck of cards. Not. Sue, is a kick ass athlete and she could just swat me like a fly.

So, for the moment, I believe that my sister is celebrating my upcoming nuptial with a PaintBall event....Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I'm more like you than your sister.

I can't hold out on surprises. I HAVE to know!

Hope it's a kick ass bridal shower!