Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gardening....

Tuesday, August 12, 2008.....

For people, such as my sister, who think that the Martha Stewart Gardening issue is a waste of an issue, read no further. However, if you like to garden, maybe you can help me.

I have a flagstone path. It's lovely. Actually, it could be if there was no crabgrass growing in the cracks. I have it in my head that moss should be in its place. I've read that you can create moss by spraying the area you want with a mixture of 1 qt of buttermilk with a gallon of water.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

j

2 comments:

Sue (MacDonald) Padilla said...

of course my husband has done this and yes it does work but takes time. better to go on a ntaure walk, lift some already growing moss and transplant it to your location. he's done this as well and it is much more productive. the milk/water mix is great if you want moss to grow on rocks so they look like they have always been there... as we have done so the tree hugger at the end of the street doesn't report us to the zoning board for no permit to move large, car size, boulders in our yard.

Little Ms Blogger said...

So, are you saying that I can just pop over and take the lovely moss you've already established.

How generous....