Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm No Chuck Norris

Monday, July 27, 2009....

I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes and for my friend, Poncho Girl, for taking such great care of me last Monday. Hubby was out of town and she was right there to drive me to the medical facility, wait while I got x-rays and listen to me when I was screaming my head off (not, one of my proudest moments).

After x-rays and a cat scan, it turned out that I injured an old fracture. My doctor called on Tuesday to give me the news about the injury and also that the cat scan revealed something more which requires an ultrasound.

What I love about this doctor is that he doesn't hold back. When we were discussing the placement of my original fracture he was stumped as to how I did it. He explained the rib which was fractured was next to impossible to break unless you're an extreme sports person. He shared the story of how his son fractured that same rib as a result of falling off his bike while traveling 30 m.p.h.. Heck, I travel at 30 m.p.h. and faster when in my Passat.

This doctor knows me well after performing 3 surgeries on me and could easily tell me in his politest way he was mystified because I had achieved an injury only an elite athletic could do (me, elite, who knew?).

If I wasn't in such pain, I would have told him that I sleep walk at night and had been known to climb tall trees and pretend to hand glide without the sail. Alas, I was in pain and just focused on getting off the phone.

Since I don't remember the original fracture, I couldn't even tell you what I did to re-injure myself. I can't imagine lifting my Hop, Skip and Go Naked glass caused it.

I'm still stiff, but I can now eat, talk, breathe and not spew words and fire at my poor hubby.

One last note, in addition to thanking Poncho Girl for taking me and insisting that the doctor give me something strong for the pain, I want to say Happy, Happy Birthday!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are a bit better. I can't imagine how bad you were hurting. Keep getting that rest and perhaps some cake would help... just throwing it out there. Ha! Have a good week.

lacochran said...

You are a woman of many talents. Some mysterious, apparently. Glad you're on the mend. Rest!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Candice said...

Youch! Sounds like you've had a rough go of it lately. Hopefully you've got some good drugs.

Take it easy!

Mike said...

Vicodin is a little slice of heaven! I hope you feel better!

rachaelgking said...

I'm so sorry, so glad to hear your friend was there to take care of you and that you're on the mend! xoxo

JennyMac said...

Hope you are feeling better everyday. And that Hop, Skip, and Go Naked glass just might be the culprit. LOL.

Farnnay said...

Hope the results of the other tests come out good as well :)

PorkStar said...

Glad to know you feel better and ready to bite hubby's head off and spew fire...: )

Tasha said...

Oh no! Glad you are feeling better and sorry you injured yourself! Maybe you were in some ultimate cage fighting match in your sleep?

Sunshine Mama said...

Rib pain sounds painful. Hope it heals soon for you.

TudorCity Girl said...

I'm glad you are doing okay. Sorry you were in such pain.
When I broke my finger in the car door the other week I was dying for some Vicodin-- have never taken it but had to settle with Advil.
I'm glad you have a great doctor, a great friend who was there for you and very good you are on the mend! Take care of yourself.

Pinay in Dutchland said...

im glad your are back and well. being sick is never cool especially fractures. and it can be quite scary.

looking forward to your posts.

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

Sounds painful but glad to hear you're on the mend!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Sunshinemeg - thanks. I was stupid and tried biking yesterday for 30 minutes - ummm...ouch.

lacochran - thank you and I imagine you have many talents as well - waving paper in a crowd and getting coinage is a super hero power.

inkOBESSIONdesigns -thanks, I am too!

Candice - I wish. Other than the original morphine shot, just motrin.

otin - Alas no slice of heaven for me. I wish, I think it would have helped me from spewing fire at hubby.

LiLu - I am too -

JennyMac - you could be right. It was damn tasty!

Constructive Attitude - I hope so too. I would hate the alternative.

PorkStar - it is a very special talent to spew fire....

Tasha - I like that. Of course, I'm going to tell people I won and the other person is worse off.

SunshineMama - well, if I stop doing stupid things too soon, I will.

TudorCity - wish I had stronger than motrin. The doctors said no way - I had a few percocet (prior surgery recovery), but only took that prior to visit. Thanks for well wishes.

Pinary - thanks :-)

Simple Girl - thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

happy to hear u a little better and at least you had some1 to help out esp with the hubby away.jst take it easy and rest:)

Little Ms Blogger said...

miss rambles - hubby has been a saint.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

glad you're able to spew fire again...i hate it when that gets taken away!