Friday, July 17, 2009

The Viral Meme

I was tagged by Dan over at The Art of Panic for the viral meme floating around. So here goes.

First the rules:

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog. Replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and add one more question of your own.

2. Tag other people.


Now the questions:


What are you wearing today? At the moment, yoga pants and a Life is Good t-shirt. I have a lot of cleaning for tomorrow's pot luck to do and hate cleaning. Figured yoga pants = comfort AND may add some possible zen to my day.


What's for dinner? I don't know, but it'll be quick and easy. Besides, it's 10:30 a.m. and dinner is too far away for me to think of.


What would you eat for your last meal? That's a tough one. I love various types of food that you'd never pair together. However, there would be Brussel sprouts, pizza, hot dogs and key lime pie.


What relaxes you most? Depends on the day, where I am and who I'm with. For instance, when I was hiking in the Grand Canyon, stopping to journal and enjoy the day was so relaxing. However, I've been known to relax while cooking or being outside. I guess I relax when I'm just enjoying the moment. Too many times do I let external thoughts ruin the moment.


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be? Wow, only 1 hour - I'd guess I'd be on a massage table


What language do you want to learn? I'll just come out and say it - I SUCK AT LEARNING NEW LANGUAGES. My parents spoke French Canadian (French + a lot of 'r' rolling) and although I took French in school, I couldn't master it. I can understand bits & pieces, but I insult the French when I open my mouth. Personally, I'm still trying to master my native tongue of English and that's enough for me.


What do you love most about where you currently live? The fact that I'm close enough to NYC, but far enough away not to pay the outrageous rents/mortgage to live there. In addition, there are great restaurants, bars and stores all within 2 miles of the beach.

What style is your current home decorated in? Shabby Chic (I hate that term) with a lot of clutter (who knew stacking books would get written up as a decorating must)...


If you were a time traveler what era would you live in? I'm happy now, but would like to visit and observe other time periods - the 1960s, 1800's and 1920's.


What is your favorite color? Not beige.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? Yoga pants


What were you doing ten years ago? Working for a small start-up wireless company that eventually went public. I was married (different guy) and probably not happy. Wait, I wasn't.


What are you going to do after this? Clean, clean, clean. Ughhh...my least favorite thing....


What are your favorite films? I don't have just one, but here are some that come to mind: Clockwork Orange, When Harry Met Sally, The Jerk, Rebecca, Shawshank Redemption, Dodgeball. I could on, but these are the ones that came to mind first.

What are your favorite books? Any book that makes me lose track of time.

Do you collect anything? Cookbooks and pottery (platters/plates).


What makes you follow a blog? It piques my interest. It could be a witty comment someone made on another blog that leads me to it or a follower of mine that I've checked out.


What was the most enjoyable thing you did today? Don't know too early.


Ann's Question: What makes you comment on a blog? I read many blogs and may comment if the author posted something I liked or if I can contribute to it. Many times I read a blog without commenting.

Amy's Question: What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time? Cook, spend time with friends and family, not clean.


Tonya's Question: What is a talent you wished you had? Some people may not agree with this, but I would like a high metabolism. I believe it a talent to be able to eat what you want without ever worrying about a calorie.


Noelle's Question: If you could go to heaven, who would you see and why? Not a clue. I think I'd be just interested in listening to every one's stories.


Vickie's Question: Who is your favorite actor? Living: Kevin Spacey, Dead: Jimmy Stewart


Kitten's Question: Other than Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, etc. what are your most frequently visited websites? Yahoo. I have an email account there and I catch up on headline news.


SeptemberMom's Question: What was your favorite subject in school? History and Art, but not Art History.


Christy's question: As a child/teen how did you envision your adult life? LOL. Probably nothing like this. At 35, everything changed.


Dan from Art of Panic's Question: How much time do you spend on your average blog post? Varies and depends upon if I get interrupted. Today, I started at 9:00 a.m but 3 phone calls later, finally got to sit down and write at 10:20.

My Question: If you could would you want to control the weather? NO WAY. I don't care if it were to squash hurricanes out at sea.

Done.

Time to tag...

Lora

Edder

16 comments:

DB said...

Hmm. Yoga pants. You would have more zen in your life if you actually did yoga in them.

And so you can learn more about your fave BG and his weather aspirations....http://www.pcworld.com/article/168520/can_bill_gates_control_the_weather.html - he's applied for a patent...

Heather said...

Loved reading your answers. Wish I was wearing yoga pants right now! That would mean that I wasn't at work! :)

Children of the 90s said...

I like the variety of dates you chose for time travel, I think those would all be interesting. Fun meme!

Sunshine Mama said...

I'll add another question, so what do you like cooking the most?

Joanna Jenkins said...

I did this too via Green-Eyed Momster. It was fun.
Nice to get to know you better.

Stephanie said...

I love yoga pants...I would live in them if it was acceptable to wear them to work.

Mike said...

First of all, I thank you for not tagging me! I did this one a while ago and it was like homework! It is rare that a woman lists A Clockwork Orange as one of her favorite films! I love that Movie!

rachaelgking said...

"What is your favorite color? Not beige."

That's about my favorite answer to that question, EVER.

Happy weekend, love!

Unknown said...

I'm happy to see that there is at least one other person that has a hard time with foreign languages

Missy said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

meme's provide such a wonderful insight into the mind of a blogger. i loved your answers and can relate to so many of them.

Candice said...

Funny, I would live in yoga pants if I could, too. Luckily I basically wear pajamas to work, so that's pretty close, right?

Farnnay said...

I think I'm the only person in the history of the universe that has not seen "When harry met sally", i must get on that.

Ashley said...

Yum. I would definitely include key lime pie at my last supper, too! Great answers!

jane said...

great post! i can relate. i´m a little too attached to my yoga pants too... btw love your rant and rave wednesdays! happy days-jane

Country Girl said...

A Clockwork Orange? Damn, girl. That movie sort of freaked me out.

Loved your answers. Cool blog, too. Thanks for stopping by my place.

And hoping your rib is feeling better. That sounded terrible.