Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, July 29, 2009....

Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. Without further adieu, here are my Rants and Raves from the past week:

Rant: I have one RANT and it lasted all last week - pain from injured back rib fracture. In addition to my pain, I enjoyed puking from the pain and being the ultimate pleasure princess to be around. I sucked in human behavior.

Rave: Wonderful friends, family and hubby who reached out to me last week, brought me flowers and took great care of me.

Rave: Caller ID. Yupper. It is the best invention and saved me from losing friends due to the fact I was such an ass last week.

Rave: Taking a long hot/warm shower and drying off with the most amazing thick cotton towel. Yeah, sounds lame, but showering last week sucked. The first enjoyable shower is like magic.

Rave: Great dinner party I had the Saturday before I became useless. It was great to see friends from all over the globe that I've known for so many years. I may make this an annual dinner party.

Rave: Fun brunch that I hosted the next day with some other friends to celebrate birthdays. Breakfast food + champagne = YUMBO...

Since I've been laying low, that's it for me for the past week. How was your week? Any Rants and Raves you want to share? I would love to hear them or if you're doing your own Rant & Rave Wednesday, put your link in the comments section so others can read.

27 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

A week with more raves than rants is a good week I'd say.

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I always have back pain, ah the joys of breast.

Farnnay said...

Back pains are a pain in the a** as well.

Heckety said...

Poor you, hope you are back to painlessness soon.

Anonymous said...

Get some rest! Hope you feel better soon.

Mike said...

Rave- it is good that you are healing!

Joanna Jenkins said...

:-( Hope you feel better soon.

And I am totally with you on caller ID. How did we live without it?!?!

xo

Sophie said...

HAHA - love the rant and rave wednesday. So random, I was seriously thinking of starting up a regular ranting/rave posting on my blog just yesterday (after my spectacular rant from yesterday, which was kinda fun to write to be perfectly honest).

Sometimes we all need a good rant, right?

Unknown said...

I can go with caller ID and back pains, but you were supposed to think me into winning the lottery. So when should I plan on seeing the results of your mental imaging?

Pinay in Dutchland said...

more raves than rants hehehe life is still good for you despite the injury. keep getting better.

Life, Love And Lola said...

Glad you have so much to RAVE about!!!!

Stephanie said...

Broken ribs are the worst!!
Hope you feel better soon:)

Little Ms Blogger said...

Peach Tart - Definitely! I think the back pain was enough.

Perplxin Texan - Oh that sucks..

Constructive Attitude - Yupper

Heckety - If I just remember to stop doing stupid things I will be

SunshineMeg - Thanks

otin - YOU ARE SO RIGHT

Joanna - Not sure how we lived without that or the remote

noelle - You should absolutely have a weekly rant page - it is such a great release

Dan - hmmm...I'm thinking you might have to buy a ticket first to win.

Pinary - if I dwelled on the crappy stuff, I'd never get out of bed.

L,L & Lola - I am too.

ModernMom - As soon as I learn to stop doing too much.

Miss Yvonne said...

I've been there...not with back pain but with other problems, and that first decent shower is heaven.

Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

only one rant? i'm impressed (and jealous). i've been ranting about time zones, conference calls and sick dogs this week. last night i went to a wine tasting and bought four bottles of wine, so i guess that's a rave! found your blog via lola lakely. hope your back feels better soon.

Erin Bradley said...

Well you had way more raves than rants, so that is good! :)

La La La Leah said...

I want more rants.... one rant, one rave.... that is all.

JennyMac said...

Ugh! Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Dinner parties are basically the best thing ever. Food, friends? YES.

Laura said...

Well it's nice that you have only one rant and all the rest were raves.

Can I claim the whole I'm an insane klutz this week as my big rant?

Smart Mouth Broad said...

How great is it that you have more raves than rants. A dream for me. Maybe next week. LOL

Kate said...

When I was sick and couldn't enjoy my shower, it made me enjoy a really great one!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I'm glad you weren't puking during the brunch!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Miss Yvonne - Thanks

uncorked - This one rant lasted 7 days - 4 bottles of wine...for oneself....DEFINITELY A RAVE

Erin - It is.

La La - Come back next week, usually happens.

JennyMac - thanks

Chelsea - Absolutely! I would throw one every night if possible.

Lola Lakely - Yes you can absolutely claim that. Red wine/white pants a definite rant.

Smart Mouth Broad - Yeah, 1 rant lasting 7 days..ugh....

Kate - I agree!

Midlife - Good thing because I think of all the good food and drink I may have wasted.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Sorry about your back. I second what you said about caller ID. Best thing EVER!!

I know I'm new here but can I steal this Rant and Rave Wednesday idea? I'll give you full credit and link to you, okay?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Hugs!!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Green-Eye - Absolutely! Steal Away...

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I love thick cotton towels...it's the little things that make me happiest!