Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Humor...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008.....

Yes I voted. However, I want to see if my humor is a bit sick or what...

This morning I was talking with a friend who often drops off the face of the earth when dating someone. It is always the same, he falls in love in a nano second and tells me she's the one and six months later the relationship is over. I always remind him that I thought this one or that one was THE one...he's quick to say, I never said that, but knows better.

Today we caught up on things. I asked if he dressed for Halloween and he said no, he went to a Coldplay concert. I asked what was the girl's name he went with because no straight guy would go to one. He mentioned her name and said he's been dating her for 3 months. I said, oh....that explains why I haven't heard from you sooner. Seriously, he's like some of the girls I remember from high school that dumped all their girlfriends once they started dating someone.

We went through the particulars and when we got to her age I found out there was a 12 year difference and she was 29. This would never have phased me, but he usually dates older women and comments that he would NEVER date a woman under 37 because they have a lot of growing up to do; or he'd never date a woman without kids, but clearly does.

I pointed out that when he got his license, she was heading off to kindergarten. He pointed out that when he was flying planes for the Air Force she was 10. I then made the remark, "just think if you dated her then you'd be considered a pedophile and now you're legal to date her".

He laughed. My husband was a bit in shock that I said it. Personally, I thought it was funny. Still do. Does that make a bad person?

I think if he hadn't pointed out the Air Force tidbit, I would have never made the comment, but the flow was there and I went for it.....

1 comment:

Andy - Instafather said...

I used to only date older women. Now, I'm dating someone 4 years younger. Sometimes, I forget she is younger and I make a pop culture reference-- Me: "Man, that Real McCoy song takes me back to 7th grade" Her: "You mean when I was in elementary school?" Me: "%#^$"