Monday, April 26, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

April 26, 2010.....

Occasionally, I do what I like to call a Mish Mash Monday post. I know there are Random Tuesday posts, but I can't wait till Tuesday to get some of my thoughts up. Besides, this would never be a regular weekly post.

Okay...so here are some random things...

#1 Did you know the Dalai Lama is on Twitter? I follow him, but think it odd since he promotes spiritual well being and I'd think he'd run from technology.

#2 I got an email in response to a resume I submitted that said I was 'minimally qualified' and I may get a call. This made me laugh. I also got an email in response to a resume I submitted asking me to arrange a phone interview via website set up. When I went to set up a time, I was informed to try back later because the availability for my time zone was taken. And yes, I plugged in various time zones with no success on various days.

#3 Last week, I watched Marti's vlog of his place via his dog. This post made me laugh. I think it is because I really do wish I knew what pets thought. However, I swear I think my cat only had several thoughts which were: 1) I'm pretty and you're jealous, 2) I'm pretty so pet me, 3) I'm pretty so you have to watch me walk in front of you, 3) You wish were as pretty as me, 4) Get away from the male in the room, he's mine, 4) Feed me, clean my liter box and move out of my space on the bed; and finally....YOU WISH YOU WERE ME BECAUSE I'M SO PRETTY.

#4 Book Giveaway - Last Wednesday, I mentioned how the author of The Marriage Project was willing to give one of my readers a copy of my book.....well, the winner is......Brian Miller. Brian please email me your mailing address.

Tomorrow, I share my Rachel Ray experience, but today, I'm tired. Very LITTLE sleep will create a whole day of mish-mash, hence the mish-mash post for today.

14 comments:

Salt said...

That's very weird that the Dalai Lama is on Twitter. Like a verified account? Now I'm going to have to track him down.

Gucci Mama said...

I love mish-mash!

Sara McCarty said...

Hahahaha!! I swear my cat thinks the exact same thing!!

Anonymous said...

Animals rock, it's so funny just to sit and make up things about what they are thinking, especially with cats, I usually imagine them as old war type people with a stuffy attitude. I'm not allowed a cat cuz the wife thinks they're disgusting. (she thought the same about dos before I made her let me have one)

Anonymous said...

I bet the Dalai Lama has someone write his tweets. You'd think he'd be too busy anyway......

And way to go, Brian. Once again, I didn't win. Yay for you. No really. I'm happy for you.

Brian Miller said...

woot woot...email coming...
must go follow the dalai lama
and check out the vlog...

hope you are having a wonderful day!

Candice said...

Minimally qualified huh?

I think I would have responded with ..

"Go fuck yourself."

Unknown said...

I couldn't handle the Dalai Lama, either. So I followed @RevRunWisdom instead.
It's like I'm in the bubble bath with him as he tweets on his Blackberry.

Mike said...

Minimally qualified? That sounds kind of insulting! LOL

Jaime said...

when i was applying for jobs my last semester of law school, i blanketed the east coast with resumes. my favorites were the form rejection letter where they checked a box to tell me why i wasn't being hired, the one that arrived in 10 pieces so i had to put together the puzzle to see my rejection AND the rejection letter from a job i never applied for.

it doesn't make the "minimally qualified" email more palatable, but hopefully it gave you a laugh.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Okay I totally don't know how I feel about the Dali Lama having twitter....shouldn't he be (I mean no disrespect to him) like sitting meditating or out helping people not sitting in front of a computer??? I think its a scam.

Well I hope they call for an interview!! I love pet things like that cuz seriously it's a whole different world.

P.S. I told like everyone I know about the vajazzle thing & told them about your blog! Everyone was like What?!?!?! That's ridicolous!!

P.S.S. Thank you so much for your comments lady! Hearing real stories about real people & just real support really made me feel better. I appreciate that I found your blog!

P.S.S.S (I know I'm writing a book here, SOORRY) I got back to reading Cleaving...um...woa. I'm about half-way through & its the weirdest book ever! You were right!

I hope you a great day!! =)

Little Ms Blogger said...

Salt - I believe it is. Even if verified, still too bizarre for me.

ToryB - thanks

Gucci Mama – thanks!

Sara – I swear, I think all cats believe they rule the world while looking fab-u-lous!

Marti – well, your puppy is the cutest! Wait, if she doesn’t like animals, how did the bunny make the mix?

Jules – Don’t say that about Dalai! I mean I think it anti-Dalai to tweet, but if he had someone else do it, that’s worse. Sorry about the no win, but at least you have dirty pants to make you happy – hey, maybe you should get dirty pants for the neighbor’s dogs. Maybe that’s why they bark. They’re sad they don’t have any.

Brian – Enjoy the read!

Candice – LOL…

Sarah P – I’m going to have to check out RevRunWisdom.

Otin – You think? Personally, I think it is really funny.

Jaime – Wow – a check box? A puzzle? I mean rejection is one thing, but to have to work for it is another. The minimally qualified email actually does make me laugh.

Melanie – Dali on twitter is just so odd to me too…did you have any friends that wanted to do it?
I’m happy that everything turned out for the good – maybe this is a sign good things are going to start happening.

Cleaving is a weird book, but I was impressed that she was so raw in her writing. I mean, if you stalked someone, would you fess up to it? Not sure I would. I’m reading another foodie book, The Gastronomical Me by MFK Fisher. Very different. Written in 1943 and although I just started it, I can tell I’m going to love it. One woman’s recollection of her food memories. Probably the reason I love to cook because I have such a connection with food and people. I’ll let you know how it is.

Oh yeah, breezed over some parts of Cleaving (the trips), but really liked how it came together at the end.

Spot said...

Minimally Qualified. Hmm...that's almost as good as the email I got about how I had almost no professional experience and was sadly lacking in educational background. We emailed back and forth and I ended up with the job.

I have a friend who went to a seminar recently and shared with me all the tips she got about the "new" resume companies look for. If you want to email me, I'm happy to share what she told me...

♥Spot

JennyMac said...

Congrats to Brian!

And really? DL on Twitter? That surprises me too.