Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, April 28, 2010....




Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. Without further adieu, here are my Rants and Raves from the past week:

Rave: YogaGirl scored us tickets for July to see Harry Connick Jr in NYC. I can't wait. When she got the tickets, I realized I've seen him perform about a dozen times, and the funniest performance for me, was at the Newport Jazz Festival outside in the pouring rain. He knew the crowd was drenched and went into overdrive.

Rant: Blogger has not been my friend. Yesterday, I was catching up on posts and when I'd leave a comment it brought me to a page with the error message of forbidden.


Rave: My high school never had any reunions, and this Saturday, I'm catching up with some FB friends for an impromptu get together.


Rave: Cold finally gone. Nice weather. I can GARDEN!


Rave: Getting some positive feedback from companies I submitted my resume to.


Rave: I love when bloggers post the 100 thing list for readers to know them better and was especially happy when one of my favorite bloggers, Jules, posted hers. Some things I knew, some I could guess from her writings, and some I was surprised at. I may do one. But 100 things?... That could be a challenge.




Okay, that's it for me. I would love to read any Rants and Raves you want to share? Just click on the linky thing for anyone that wants to participate in Rant and Rave Wednesday -- or leave them in the comments section here. Please, please be respectful and do not use the linky thing if you are just promoting your blog (yes, this is another Rant of mine).

19 comments:

CiCi said...

100 is way too much to try to do at one time. I have trouble with seven.
Glad your cold is gone. I have had the same problem with Blogger lately.

Brian Miller said...

woohoo on the positive feedback...two nights ago blogger did the same to me...but t cleared up after an hour...checking their site they were doing some maitenance on it...hope fully it is cleared up.

i did get your email and i will respond, my days have been kickin the last two, so look for something in a bit...

Sunshine Mama said...

100 things is a lot. You could maybe do it in four parts and give yourself a week inbetween so that you have time to think of some good stuff.

Spot said...

I'm not sure there are 100 interesting things about me, but it might be fun to try to think of them. I also love it when people do those! It's so much fun to see what you have in common with others.

♥Spot

If you want to stop by my blog, I got to be generous today.

Salt said...

HC Jr. is such a fox. I'd LOVE to see him live, you big LUCKY!!

SillyStud said...

RAVE: Cricket got us tickets to see "Promises, Promises" over the weekend. I loved it!

RANT: Woke up Tuesday feeling wretched, went to work, got a 10:30 Dr appointment and spent the rest of the day knocked out on the couch... I hate being sick!!! HATE IT!

SillyStud said...

oh and how about 100 interesting things about people you know or friends.. how funny would that be???

Maria said...

Rant: Bursitis is acting up again, doc said I have to give up walking for 4-6 weeks.

Rave: Loving my new pillow, it's the little things as LMB once blogged about

Rant: Allergies are terrible, suffering badly.

Rave: Found an old movie forgot I had, Grumpy Old Men, don't know why, but I LOVE anything with Matthau and Lemmon. Classic lines and the outtakes at the end are priceless.

Adrienne said...

Glad your cold is gone.... I am mad at Blogger too

Joy Taylor said...

I wish I knew how to garden. I'm just not good at it.

Mike said...

I was getting that error message all over yesterday.

I have been to one high school reunion. It was not that great.

Badass Geek said...

I think I'm going to try the 100 things thing.

Jaime said...

i missed my high school reunion. i'm not all that disappointed about it. a group of us got together the week after, had amazing sushi and got to see the people we actually *wanted* to see

glad to hear you're getting some good feedback from the companies.

Candice said...

I love Harry. Would love to see him live!

rxBambi said...

rant: I've missed you. But it's totally my fault and I apologize.

rant: I missed yet another r&rw

rave: I'm trying to get back into it

rave: prematurely assuming you'll forgive me =)

J.J. in L.A. said...

I've done a 100 and a 200 Things About Me post. But who wants to read 300 things about a person? No one is THAT interesting. I'll have to find something else to do at 300.

P said...

i'd be really interested to read your "100 Things" if you do it.

Little Ms Blogger said...

TechnoBabe – I’m happy my cold is gone too. I thought it was going to last for several more weeks

Brian – I’m glad it cleared up. It was frustrating.

Sunshine Mama – I00 things is a lot. My fear is finding out I don’t have 100 things to write about.

Spot – That’s my fear, but I’m curious to see how many I’ll come up with.

Salt – He is. He also lives in the next town over.

SillyStud – How was the show? I’m so jealous!!!!! How are you feeling? I tried calling you.

Maria.palermo – Oh no….sorry to hear that. Maybe the warm weather this weekend will help. A good pillow is one of the best things in the world!

Adrienne – Blogger has cleared up for me. I am hoping it has for you too!

Joy Taylor – I love my garden, just hate the neighbor’s cat using it as liter box and weeding.

Otin – Well, the message for you might actually mean you’re forbidden. I hear you on the high school reunion, but these are people I wouldn’t mind seeing.

Badass – I can’t wait to read yours and see how many I knew – I know about allergies and piano player and composer.

Jaime – That’s the best way to do a reunion. I had a potluck once with good friends from high school, but branched out a bit, but still only people I want to see.

Candice – He Is AMAZING! He also is a great story teller on stage.

rxBambi – Hey, I haven’t been the best blogger either – don’t worry about it. Remember, blogging is to be fun!

J.J. – Wow! I’m going to back and look for your posts.

P - Okay, now I feel some pressure to be interesting – maybe I should make one up and put things like Swimsuit model, Queen of a small country, cured some disease, alligator wrestler. ..

Luna said...

i had the same problem with blogger the other day. when i tried to leave comments i couldnt and then i couldnt even look at my blogs at all. stupid error messages.