Thursday, April 29, 2010

Question of the Week....

Thursday, April 29, 2010....



I've decided to make Thursdays my "Question of the Week" day because I always have questions and am always interested in people's answers.


This Week's Question: What is your definition of dessert?

For my sister, it usually means something chocolate. For me, usually really great fresh fruit with cream OR an after dinner drink.

However, my husband came home with a poppy seed bread that had a plum filling. It wasn't even sweet. He had the nerve to declare this non-sweet, help your bowels move bread, a dessert.

I was amazed. I was amazed because it was the first time I asked him to pick up a dessert (usually I'm telling him to put something back) and he rocks at picking out desserts. He has a sweet tooth and he has his own ritual with dessert that always includes consuming whatever with a glass of milk.

For the record, my favorite dessert was consumed while out to dinner in London. Fresh berries, small shortcake and clotted cream (first time I ever had clotted cream). Although my sister made this amazing cake for Christmas this year that my husband reminded me of the other night. It had like 10 thin layers and I remember her saying it was time consuming.

So, what's your definition of dessert?

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

key lime pie or cheese cake...preferably with fruit...

CiCi said...

Sponge cake with fruit on top with some of the fruit juice soaking into the sponge cake.

NewMe said...

Oh, definitely something chocolate, though I also love cheesecake, pies of all sorts, cookies...just about anything sweet. The only thing I could probably refuse with no too much regret would be a dessert made with coconut. Don't like that much.

Now, do I actually eat all these things on a regular (or even irregular) basis? With the exception of a square or two or chocolate, I rarely have lovely, sugary desserts.

(tear rolls down my cheek...)

Salt said...

Lemon meringue pie is my favorite thing ever. Thank goodness it's getting warmer outside because I feel like spring/summer is the only really acceptable time to eat it. :)

Salt said...

Oh and angel food cake. Ok I could seriously go on about desserts for an hour.

kate sweeten said...

Mmm...ice cream. I just found a Ben & Jerry's s'mores flavor. This could be my undoing. Next thing you know, I'm going to be that lady on Jerry Springer who they have to remove from the house with a crane...it'll just be me, all chubby and spilling over the sides of my bed surrounded by empty pints of Ben & Jerry's s'mores ice cream.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Something sweet. After a hearty meal I always crave something really sweet. I had a Napolean pastry for dessert last night & it was too good for words.

Luna said...

for me definitely something chocolate and preferably with ice cream. :)

FunnyGal KAT said...

Sweetness is required; ice cream is optional (but strongly recommended) to make it a dessert in my book. Anything with "bread" in its name is not going to get my vote!

Adrienne said...

anything sweet =)

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Anything sweet! Sometimes I just eat dinner to get to dessert!

Hugs!!

Cindy said...

An after dinner drink or two!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Chocolate cheesecake or Profiteroles with chocolate sauce or a giant bar of chocolate dipped in cup of tea, or death by chocolate cake or chocolate muffins or...( you get the picture?) or of course a second helping of the main meal.

Please note - I'm not a whale and have pics to prove it.

(Last post deleted due to retarded spelling)

Unknown said...

For me my dream dessert would be chocolate cake covered with chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce on top and chocolate sprinkles all eaten with a chocolate spoon! Good thing we live in Belgium, eh?

JennyMac said...

oh...I could go ON and ON here. You know I love to bake. I will give a broad sweep though on faves: caramel, brownie, chocolate, homemade ice cream....better stop now. LOL.

Have a great weekend LMB!

Maria said...

I'm with Salt, nothing like a piece of lemon meringue pie! And being Italian, you have to have a cup of espresso to go along with it. Perfection!

Writing Without Periods! said...

Hot Fudge Sundae...so sweet it makes my teeth hurt in a good way.
Mary