Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rant and Rave Wednesday

Wednesday, April 21, 2010....




Any readers following me on a regular basis know if it's Wednesday, it's time to Rant and Rave about the past week. Without further adieu, here are my Rants and Raves from the past week:

Rave: The author of the Marriage Project is offering one of my readers a free copy of the book. If interested, please tell me so in your comments and I'll choose a winner on Monday, April 26, 2010.

Rant: I've been sick since last Thursday and totally lost my voice on Sunday. I'm slowly feeling better, but wish I could make money with my voice.


Rave: I'm on the Rachel Ray show tomorrow -- as a guest! Not. But I am an audience member.


Rave: My food pantry dinner party is tomorrow night and I am really looking forward to hanging out with friends and having some really great food.


Rant: Unfortunately, I've only lost 1 pound this past month. My fault, but heck it is better than gaining weight.


Rant: My sister, YogaGirl, is having a 90 minute massage as I'm typing this. Am I jealous, ummm...what do you think?


Rave: I think Spring is finally here to stay. Hope to start on the veggie garden this weekend and once I feel 100% better will be spending time in the flower bed.

Rave: I went to this AMAZING cheese shop and picked up some black truffle percorino cheese for tomorrow night's dinner. Yummy...





Okay, that's it for me. I would love to read any Rants and Raves you want to share? Just click on the linky thing for anyone that wants to participate in Rant and Rave Wednesday -- or leave them in the comments section here. Please, please be respectful and do not use the linky thing if you are just promoting your blog (yes, this is another Rant of mine).

25 comments:

Brian Miller said...

a 90 minute massage may leave me in a puddle...glad you are feeling better...and put my name int he hat for a book!

Jaime said...

i'm SO jealous of the 90 minute massage. i'm so sore from the gym, i'd kill to have even a 10 minute one!

Luna said...

i could so use a massage now too. i've had a very stressful day.

DB said...

Rant: DVR didn't tape anything from yesterday so will have to find our RR debut somewhere online.

Rave: Meeting with CFO went well and he approved the project we reviewed with him.

Rave: I'll just get it out of the way - the massage was great. Sorry followers!

Rave: Saw old friends last weekend and reconnected - wonderful surprise party

Melanie's Randomness said...

aww feel better!!! I hope you got enough voice to yell "Wooo" at Rachel Ray!! Have fun at it!! I'd be jealous too if she was my sister. hehe.

Respectfully Yours said...

HOpe you feel better. I love massages, wish it was me.

Alex said...

After weeks of reading yours, I am finally getting around to doing my list in my current entry (although its towards the bottom!

J.J. in L.A. said...

I could soooo use a massage (rant): after spending the last 3 months in bed to heal from a pressure sore.

Rave: it's 99% gone! : )

Jana said...

How can you stand it when someone is getting a massage in front of you while you are not!

Anonymous said...

1. Totally jealous of your massage!!
2. I want the book.
3. Not a fan of Rachel. She's screechy, but have fun!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Brian – I wouldn’t mind being a puddle RIGHT now….Name entered.

Jaime – LOL…Well, she lives in NJ, maybe you can take her spot.

Luna – I know. It would be heavenly!

DB – Imagine you can see me, my tongue is sticking out at you right now. I’ll gloat tonight with the fresh pasta and such…

Melanie – Thank you. About Rachel, we went last week, the show we were at is on today.

Respectfully Yours – I agree.

Alex – Yay! Will come check it out.

J.J. – I’m happy to hear it’s 99% gone – maybe you should have one after it is totally healed – or at least get a great shoulder rub right now. I can just imagine the stress you’re under.

Jana – Luckily, she is in a different state so I don’t have to see her.

Jules – 1. I wish it were my massage. 2. Okay, entered. 3. Saw her – on camera today!

Unknown said...

Rant: I think I just broke my phone

Rave: It was only the phone I use at work

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Howdy doody! (because I'm just that cool)

Rave - Really looking forward to Pdazzling soon and posting the results in my next vlog.

Rant - On my 4th 12 hour night shift in a row tonight, I hate my job!

P.S I'd love a copy of that book/I expect my wife would, migh come on handy for a young recently married couple!

P.P.S Deleted previous comment due to grammatical and spelling error. (I suppose that could also be a rant?)

Salt said...

Lucky Yoga Girl. I need a massage in the worst way.
Have fun guest hosting on Rachel Ray tomorrow! ;)

CiCi said...

You save it all for Wednesdays, I rant and rave all week long. Smile.
My hubby usually likes it when I lose my voice, hahaaah. Hope you feel better real soon. Do they show the audience on the RR show? I don't watch TV so I don't see the shows. I could probably find it online though.
YogaGirl is fortunate indeed. Never heard of that cheese, but when I hear truffle anything I think expensive.
Feel better and enjoy the dinner tomorrow night.

TudorCity Girl said...

90 min. massage??? Wow!
Hope you are feeling all better. Will need that voice back to hollar at the show.
Congrats yourself on the pound lost. yes- much better than a pound gained!
Have fun at your dinner and rest up!

As for my rants- just the same old-- this job market!!!
a rave would be our weather...and tulips! :)

Candice said...

How was Rachel Ray?

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I hope you feel better! - Tell us how Rachel Ray was!

P said...

Rant - I have lost no weight from my holiday and am still worried the ashy Icelandic volcano will affect me going anyway, even though the flight ban has been lifted, since its so damn temperamental. Oh and I've not even received my holiday tickets yet! Stress!

Helen McGinn said...

Black truffle pecorino cheese??? Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing! Can I come? My sis manages a spa so she gets massages galore...she does fit me in from time to time too but still.... ;O)

Enjoy your dinner party, I hope we get to hear how it went. xx

JennyMac said...

I am booking a massage appt right now thanks to you!

And hope the food pantry party was awesome.

and feel free to mail the cheese to me STAT.

Unknown said...

I'm one of those people that doesn't love massages so if I every get offered one, you can have it.

Hope all went well with your audience appearance.

Joanna Jenkins said...

IN the Rachel Ray audience?!?!?! How cool is that.

And a 90 minute massage-- I'll take one of those with a side of whatever RAchel is cooking please.

Have fun!
jj

Ally said...

A 90-minute massage seems rather long, but nice!

My hubs has the hots for Rachel Ray, I think...

Anyway, I'm following you.

FourthGradeNothing.com