Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Common Sense

Wednesday, June 25, 2008......



Thank heavens my sister has the common sense not to sign the bridesmaid contract I posted on my last entry. Personally, if she had, just think of all the fun I would have missed not being able to mock her on the following points of the contract:



1. I will not consume more than 10 units of alcohol during the reception - Oh please, it's a wedding and I really hope she consumes too much and embarrasses herself so I can mock or imitate her for months. (Yeah, I know, I'm a sweet sister)


2. I will not bring an inappropriate date to the wedding or reception - Again, as stated in #1, the lack of an inappropriate date would be no fun; however, if she does not bring an inappropriate date, I can only hope that she does #3.


3. I will not make advances towards any inappropriate male guests attending the
reception - Oh please....how is this a bad thing?....Imagine all the family dinners and holidays this can be revisited. It would definitely make for better dinner discussion than gravy, passing the salt or the weather.


4. I will not remove any item of my Bridesmaid outfit during the reception - Too many visualizations to discuss on this subject....and my wedding reception is not a Tom Jones concert....


5. I will keep my hair and make up fresh at all times - Actually, I think all photos should include pics of her with makeup smeared --- at least I will not be outdone by my MOH.


6. I will be happy and positive at all times during the wedding and reception - Seriously, as the bride, do you think I'll care or even listen to someone rambling on and on if they are not happy on my day....the expression "talk to the hand comes to mind"


7. I will not attempt to out-do the bride in any way - Unless she is willing to make a complete fool of self, so other guests have entertainment, I have to agree with this one. If she outshines me in a positive way, well, she'll have to leave immediately and will not be allowed to take back the exquisite gift she is planning on giving me.

j

No comments: