Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Question of the Day....

Tuesday, June 17, 2008......

Question of the Day..... Will you burn in hell if you refuse to accept a charity's mailing kit to address, stamp and mail to all of your neighbors?

For years I've accepted the heart association's kit, Leukemia, but never actually mailed out the letters to my neighbors. Last year I decided not to accept the mailing package from any charity since I never do it anyway (understand, I've given a lot of my time over the years --- including walking a marathon).

This year, one charity has been calling and calling and I finally answered their call this morning. Her first assumption was that I was going to take the package and do the mailing. WRONG. When I politely said no and thanked her for her time, she started to lecture me and I firmly said, "no thank you, have a nice day" and hung up.

Charity volunteers should realize their target audience --- hard selling me the concept to volunteer my time is just wrong and actually annoyed me.

So, my question remains....will I burn in hell for not doing this?

j

No comments: